This mobile is made using scraps left over from my color block baby blanket pattern, you can find that earlier pattern in the "free patterns" section of my blog. Both patterns are perfect for those who have mastered the basic stitches and would like to practice something slightly more challenging but still easy. The finished blanket is stroller blanket sized and the mobile works up fast. These pieces would make a great set to give as a baby shower gift!
Approximate Final Measurements:
Length = 18” (flowers only)
Length = 34” (total mobile length)
- Worsted weight yarn, I used scrap amounts of Premiere Everyday Yarn in the following colors:
- Size H (5mm) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Wooden jump ring
- 14” Embroidery hoop
- Non toxic adhesive/glue
ch = chain
st(s) = stitch(es)
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
dc2tog = double crochet two together
sl st = slip stitch
yo = yarn over
Yarn Amounts: Each set of 2 hanging flowers requires 300 inches of yarn;
the yarn must be cut to this length in advance because the tail will need to be
pulled through after completing the first flower.
dc2tog: [yo, insert hook in next dc, yo, draw loop through, yo, draw through
first 2 loops on hook] twice, yo, draw loop through all 3 loops on hook.
Flowers (make 10 in varying colors)
Chain 6, sl st in 1st ch to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 1 (does not count as a st) 15 sc in ring, sl st in 1st sc to join.
Round 2: [Ch 3 (counts as dc) dc2tog over next 2 sc, ch 3, sl st in next sc] 5
times, work last sl st in 1st sc of previous round, draw long tail through, pull
Measure 30” down tail from 1st flower, make a slip knot, repeat flower
instructions; trim and weave in ends. You should have 1 flower on each
end of a 30” piece of yarn (photo 1).
1. Fold a flower set in half so flowers are staggered and a loop is created
from the 30” center piece of yarn (photo 2).
2. Wrap the loop around the inside embroidery hoop and pull flowers
through (photo 3). Pull tight and repeat with all flower sets.
3. Cut 2 pieces of yarn about 36” long. Hold the 2 pieces together and
fold in half creating a loop. Wrap loop around the jump ring and pull
the ends through (photo 4). You should have 4 pieces of yarn, all the
same length, hanging from the ring.
4. Tie each of the 4 pieces, equal distances apart, to the inside
embroidery hoop (photo 5).
5. Glue the tail from each of the 4 pieces to the embroidery hoop (photo 6) let the glue dry.
6. Place the outside hoop over the inside hoop and tighten.
7. Hang you mobile from a hook.
If you have any questions/comments about the pattern don’t hesitate to
© Busted Hook 2018
You may sell items made from this pattern but I request that you give credit
to my shop for the pattern, and post a link to my shop if you sell online.
You may not copy, resell, or distribute this pattern.